The Tourism Changemakers’ Forum is designed to serve three constituencies:
- Existing and would be social entrepreneurs active in various aspects of the travel, hospitality and tourism sector;
- Faculty of secondary and post-secondary educational institutions that wish to develop and deliver curricula and lerning programs of help and relevance to social entrepreneurs;
- Destinations – specifically enterprises and agencies active in developing, steering and implementing locally shaped development and operational strategies designed to maximize the net benefits of tourism and build a visitor economy that is environmentally sustainable, socially just and spiritually fulfilling.
This mission will be accomplished through a mix of activities:
- Research – mapping, tracking and evaluating the provision of programs relevant to social entrepreneurs active in the tourism sector
- Curricula – building sound conceptual models and developing course content relevant to place-based social entrepreneurship and community development.
- Awareness and Promotion – developing events and materials aimed at attracting social entrepreneurs into the tourism sector in general and sectors or regions in particular.
- Innovation – developing fresh approaches to the content and delivery of programs
- Knowledge Sharing and Community Building – building an on -line collaborative platform and using other online social media to enable entrepreneurs and communities to collaborate, co-learn and co-create.
- Linkages – build string mutually supportive links between the social entrepreneurship movement as a whole and the travel and tourism sector.
The Tourism ChangeMaker’s Forum has been established in the UK as a Community Interest Company (CIC) and will sustain its operations through provision of commercial services (consultancy and product licencing); receipt of grants from international and national agencies mandated to support social entrepreneurs; and commercial sponsorships and partnerships.